9.11.2008

Presentation in Montreal

My colleague and I presented the Sri Lanka project in the Interantional conference of aging and design in Montreal last week. Our presentation was well received and generated interesting questions from the audiences. I tried to upload the powerpoint presentation in this blog but I was not successful. Since the presentation will be available in the conference website, I will make a link to the site to make it available for viewers.

I have noticed that the sessions organized by developing part of world attracted less people than the ones done by developed countries in the conference. I do believe that design should be emerged from the cultural value and lifestyle, rather than copying the physical environment from other countries. In order to come up with innovative idea of elder care settings, it does worth for us to look into the developing part of the world to learn about the strong social value and community to care for elders, which may give us better design idea to enable elders to have normalized and enjoyable life style within their community.

No comments: